What’s up, my tech buddies?
The increasing demand for technology has been the biggest trigger for tech companies to come up with some really cool gadgets. One such gadget is an action camera flashlight. This gives rise to the question of how to choose the best action camera flashlight.
Doesn’t matter whether you are an amateur action camera user or an experienced one, this friend of yours will always be at your service. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the major things that you should consider while purchasing an action camera flashlight.
You have to keep scrolling through this article to look at some of our best recommendations supporting our claim.
Some Known And Some Unknown: Action Camera Flashlight
To begin with, an action camera flashlight is a small and lightweight flashlight, which is extremely durable. This flashlight is essentially attached to an action camera. This on-camera flashlight provides supplementary lighting for low-light filming conditions.
Now, do these action cameras already come with flashlights?
The answer to that will be, yes, they do. Some of the action cameras do come with a built-in flashlight. However, on maximum occasions, these flashlights are not very bright. Therefore, one cannot use it while filming.
This is why professionals recommend purchasing a strong flashlight for your action camera flashlight, separately, to handle your low light filming situation better.
Why Do You Even Need An Action Camera Flashlight?
There are three major reasons justifying the above question.
1. Flashlights are used mostly to extend the battery life of your action camera during low-light filming situations.
2. Flashlights are used to enhance the quality of a fast-paced action recording sequence by freezing the scene.
3. Last but not least, a flashlight is used to illuminate the subject of your choice.
All Good Things Have Got Some Flaws!
Throwing light on some of the flashlight flaws:
👉 The waiting period for the flash to recycle is quite long.
👉 Albeit lightweight in nature, attaching a flashlight to your action camera can make your setup bulky and non-portable.
👉 If not given proper attention, then there is a fair chance of your recording being washed out due to overexposure.
How To Use It Effectively?
I believe in addressing the flaws before praising for the good qualities or pointing out the uses. The following would be:👇👇
1. An action camera flashlight provides you with an opportunity to set up the aperture, at the lowest. This helps in blurring out the rest of the background, drawing all the focus on the subject. It works best as a portrait lighting setup.
2. The action camera flashlights can be very bright, to the extent of causing a lens flare. But don’t you worry; you can use a diffuser to tone down the lighting situation.
3. By setting your white balance light to a warmer setting, you can avoid that tinge of blue light in your photos.
4. Worried that your images will come out blurry? There’s a solution to that as well. Setting up the shutter speed at a considerably faster setting will help you achieve sharp images.
5. The ISO setting of the action camera helps determine the sensitivity of the sensor to the light. The higher the ISO, the lighter is captured. But remember keeping it too high might give you grainy images. And you don’t want that.
How To Choose An Action Camera Flashlight?
When you are choosing an action camera flashlight, there are several factors that you need to consider. So here are the important factors that you need to consider.
- Camera Compatibility
- Size and weight of the flashlight
- Color temperature
- Battery Life
Things To Consider Before Getting action camera flashlight:
1. Consider the size and weight of the flashlight so that portability isn’t an issue while traveling. After all, who wants to carry extra luggage?
2. Getting a flashlight is not enough. You have to check its compatibility with your action camera. Your flashlight and action camera should be two peas in a pod.
3. If you are planning to function in wet surroundings, then it is advisable that you get a waterproof flashlight. It will help you avoid any sort of damage to your flashlight. Look for an action camera model rated IPX8.
However, opting for a GoPro waterproof action camera is also not a bad decision.
4. A decent action camera flashlight ranges somewhere around $20 to $100.
A tip for amateur users: opt for a medium-ranged flashlight before trying your hand at an expensive one.
Some Of The Best Flashlights Available In The Tech Market👇
While you are wondering what are the best flashlights that would complement your action camera. Here’s presenting the top 5 flashlights that you can trust.
1. Ulanzi VL120 RGB Video Light
|Battery Life||3100Ah battery (approx. 15 hours)|
|Compatibility||GoPro and Nikon DSLR|
|Color Temperature||2500K to 9000K|
|Light Modes||Offers about 120 RGB colors|
👉 The brightness of this flashlight can be adjusted.
👉 The flashlight offers both, warm as well as cold colors.
👉 The long battery life, would not require you to carry an outdoor camera battery.
👉 This action camera flashlight is small in size.
👉 The battery life is extremely short, in comparison to the other flashlight models.
2. Suptig Waterproof Action Camera Dive Lights
|Battery Life||2600Mha in-built lithium battery|
|Compatibility||Pentax Panasonic SLR, Gopro, Sony DSLR, Nikon DSLR, Canon DSLR, and Samsung DSLR|
|Dimension||4.33x 3.93×2.16 inch|
|Lighting Modes||white, pink, red, green, and blue.|
👉 It is made up of durable material.
👉 The flashlight is blessed with a long, battery life.
👉 The flashlight offers multiple diff lighting modes.
👉 This action camera flashlight is waterproof in nature.
👉 These flashlights are compatible with several types of action cameras.
👉 Waterproof compatibility up to 147ft, only.
3. VIJIM VL100C
|Battery Life||2000mAh (approx. 3 hours)|
|Compatibility||GoPro Max, GoPro Hero 3-10, Sony DSLR, GoPro Fusion, Canon DSLR, Panasonic SLR, and Nikon DSLR|
|Lighting Modes||Warm, natural, & cold light|
👉 USB Type-C charging is available for this flashlight.
👉 The charging cable is very short.
4. VL-81 LED Video Light
|Battery Life||Approximately 3 hours (3000mAh)|
|Compatibility||GoPro Hero 3-10, GoPro Fusion, GoPro. Max, Sony DSLR, Nikon DSLR, Panasonic SLR, and Canon DSLR|
|Lighting Modes||Bi-color; both warm and white Light|
The exceptional battery life of the flashlight offers lengthy yet, productive functioning hours without fearing power exhaustion.
👉 The brightness of the light makes it worthy of usage in multiple low to dim light settings.
👉 This flashlight is lightweight, therefore, portability will never be an issue with this device.
👉 The flashlight comes with an adjustable color temperature feature. It ensures that you get the perfect color required for your image.
You have to be very careful while using it in a humid or wet situation because it is not a waterproof action camera.
👉 The action camera flashlight does not have a case. Therefore, not storing it properly might cause unnecessary damage.
5. VILTROX LED
|Battery Life||3000mAh (approx. 1.2 hours)|
|Compatibility||GoPro Max, GoPro Hero 3-10, Sony DSLR, GoPro Fusion, Nikon DSLR, Panasonic SLR, and Canon DSLR|
|Size||110 x 68 x 14 mm|
|Color Temperature||Ranges from 2500K-8500K|
👉 Possesses an in-built battery
👉 Comes with a diffuser.
👉 Offers you several lighting mode options.
👉 Also does possess a color temperature dial.
There is scope for improvement in terms of battery life. Therefore, it is advisable that you keep a 3.7 v rechargeable battery handy.
👉 It might be a little over the top in terms of price.
I know when the matter is about the best action camera flashlight, you have a lot of questions and queries. I have tried to guide you as much as possible with the above-mentioned pieces of information.
Still here, I am answering some of the most common questions that readers have asked me many times. I believe these will also help you in choosing the best action camera flashlight for your camera.
Now, let’s get started.
Q1: What Is The Best Action Camera Brand?
When it comes to the best action camera brands, most the users vote for GoPro. This brand has been in the market for several years now. You just need to consider your budget while selecting an action camera.
Q2: Which Action Camera Has The Best Image Stabilization?
With the color screen on its front, the DJI Osmo Action makes it super easier to frame yourself in videos and photos. This is the same camera that also provides excellent electronic image stabilization and is capable of shooting 4K/60 fps HDR video.
Q3: How Long Does An Action Camera Battery Last?
As per the market research, most action cameras last around 120 mins maximum, and that too solely on recording. If you are willing to pay more and get the top-notch action cameras, it might last for approximately 3 hours max. I know this is not enough, that is why I will always recommend you get an extra battery.
Q4: How Much Should An Action Camera Cost?
There are different types of action cameras available in the market with different features and specifications. Low-budget basic cameras cost around $50 to $100, and a decent mid-range vacation camera’s price is around $100 to $200. And if you are looking for a high-end camera, you need to spend something around $200 or more.
By the end of this article, it is safe to assume or assert that the aforementioned information was helpful for you. However, I strictly believe that there is no such thing as ‘this is it, with respect to the information.
In case you have got some extra points on the action camera flashlight, add to the above guide. Our comments section is all yours. We’d love to hear back from you.