Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) is dangerous and a leading cause of road traffic injuries and accidents.
DUI of any kind can have a significant impact on your insurance premiums, driving score, and driver’s license status. In some cases, drunk driving charges can result in jail or prison time.
Some people believe they can defend themselves against their first DUI charge without hiring a DUI attorney. However, if you have no criminal record, Choosing a Atlanta DUI Lawyer might help you escape the stringent laws and get out of a DUI offense.
What Are The Functions Of A DUI Lawyer?
Atlanta DUI attorneys are criminal defense attorneys with experience and training in cases involving drivers charged with DUI.
Here’s how you can benefit from a DUI lawyer—
- DUI attorneys help clients understand the specific charges they face, determine their legal strategy, handle all administrative tasks related to their cases, and represent clients in court.
- For many clients, a major benefit of hiring a DUI attorney is that they provide peace of mind with an in-depth knowledge of DUI law.
- Many people hire a DUI attorney because they are uncomfortable making decisions that affect their freedom without proper advice from an experienced professional.
- They can work with prosecutors to find alternatives to imprisonment and negotiate sentence deals that ease the burden on offenders.
- An experienced Atlanta DUI Lawyer knows how to get all the paperwork to you on time, so your choices aren’t limited.
- They can advise clients on how to build their defense, which could be catastrophic if prosecutors challenge it.
- A DUI attorney can help you get the conviction expunged from your record, so it doesn’t harm you in the future.
HowTo Avoid Getting A DUI
Given below are some great tips that you can apply to avoid getting a DUI—
A drunk driving arrest and subsequent charge can have a negative impact on your life.
1. Call A Cab When Drunk
This is one of the most convenient options for you when under the influence of any substance. You can also call a friend or relative who could safely drive you to your location so that you don’t have to drive.
2. 90 Minutes Break
Take a leave from drinking before you decide to leave. A 90 minutes break is suitably good if you have to drive. Let your buzz wear off, take some rest and then start your journey.
3. Spend The Night
If you are in a bar, it doesn’t work, but if you are close or close to your friend’s house, ask if you are close to the couch. Or take it home with someone and sleep on the floor. If you’re very drunk, don’t fall asleep right away.
It is a harsh reality that can choke on vomit. A person who passes out from alcohol should go to the hospital to be safe. Don’t let your friend become addicted to alcohol or make terrible decisions.
4. Take A Public Transport
No, it’s not great, but taking the bus home is cheaper than a cab or Uber (which is free in Missoula) and safer than driving. The Mountain Line schedule can be found here.
5. Consult A DUI Lawyer
If you have been charged with driving under the influence, you may be wondering if you should hire an Atlanta DUI Lawyer or if you can handle the case on your own.
An experienced attorney can help you reduce your penalties and obtain a more favorable outcome. However, DIA can lead to serious fines and criminal proceedings as a criminal offense.
6. Understand Your Limit
Most people can metabolize about one drink per hour (12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1 shot of soju) A 175-pound person can drink 3 drinks per hour while a 150-pound person cannot. Use this calculator or chart to see how quickly you dispose of alcohol.
|Note: These are general guidelines only. You have to know your body and tolerance and not rely on general charts. I want you to think about your limits. Anyway, don’t play drinking games unless you’re driving.
What do You need To Do After Getting A DUI?
A drunk driving arrest and subsequent charge can have a negative impact on your life. Your license can be partially or totally revoked. You can also be subject to heavy fines, taxes, and other penalties.
Your employment may be lost. Many of the essential actions outlined in this article’s stages can be assisted by an Atlanta DUI attorney.
You can move more swiftly with the advice of an attorney, even if you plead guilty and are found guilty of DUI.