Ever seen the bag of a college student when they are with their friends?
Or, check out some corporate hot-shots whenever they are at an offsite or conference?
There are some things that are common to the student wearing ripped jeans and the CEO wearing a $10K business suit- custom made pins!
In the last few years, custom lapel pins have taken the market by storm. They have become voices of self-expression that have guided movements and informed communities.
They have also become symbols or markers of identities that show that you belong to a specific business organization, school, or community.
Custom pins are worn with a lot of pride for the sense of belonging they bring. Some of them carry powerful messages and quotations. Others are so pretty that they can simply be worn as some type of jewelry.
In this article on custom made pins, we are going to look at the benefits, types, and other important things that you should be knowing about them.
What are Custom Made Pins: A Brief Introduction
You might have seen everyone from doctors to policemen wearing various types of pins on their coats or jackets.
Some of them carry their names and designations, others, the logo of the organization they represent.
In recent years, lapel pins have evolved from just announcing names and designations.
They have in many ways become style statements that are displayed with pride by everyone from leading celebrities to bowling groups, archery folks, and more!
Historically, this was something that started as some type of street cred.
However, right now, it is being adopted by some of the biggest fashion and couture houses. To be honest, wearing a pin has become quite trendy for people of all ages.
The following are some of the different types of custom-made pins that you can order from leading manufacturers and producers-
- Enamel Lapel Pins
- Laser Cut and Created Pins
- Epoxy Made Lapel Pins
- Plastic Lapel Pins and Buttons
Lapel pins can be made from different materials like plastic, steel, rubber, fabric, leather, and more.
There are some great manufacturers that have taken the art of custom-made pins and die-cut stickers to the next level with their creativity and solid manufacturing process.
4 Major Uses of Custom Made Pins by Experts
In this section of the article, we are going to list down the four major uses of custom made pins in our society-
1. Part of Corporate Circles and Identity-
If you are part of a business organization, you need identification or a marker that separates you from others.
Your office ID card is too lame, especially when it comes to seminars and conferences.
You need something cooler and more attractive. In this regard, custom made pins provide that attractive quotient.
You can have everything from your business logo to a catchy tagline or slogan on the pins. This is a great way to announce the personality of your business.
2. Acknowledgment of Reward and Achievement-
If you are an outstanding employee that has just received the Employee of the Year Award, you cannot keep carrying your trophy everywhere you go.
So, what do you do? You get hold of a smart and cool lapel pin that helps announce who you are and what you have achieved.
You wear it subtly on your coat jacket or stick it to your bag. This is a great way to make someone that has been rewarded constantly feel proud of what they have achieved.
3. Has a Unique and Collectible Charm to it-
Did you know that custom made pins carry a lot of historical value and legacy?
Some of them, especially the ones that were worn by war heroes or are from the Civil War era can fetch millions of dollars, simply because of the history and values they represent.
If you are someone that is looking to start a new collection and are on the lookout for an element to start with, custom made pins should be on the top of your list.
They are quite unique in terms of their art.
4. Recognition and Acceptance of Social Causes-
Lapel pins became quite a staple at HIV Fundraisers over the last few decades.
This is why they have become an important part of social groups and communities.
If you are running a Non-Profit or holding some kind of an event to generate funds for the less fortunate in society, you should think about using custom made pins.
They help in providing identification and generating support for the cause. Their public visibility is their greatest USP.
Benefits of Using Custom Made Pins
In the last section, we were able to outline some of the major uses of custom-made pins. We were able to shed light on how they are used by corporate entities, as well as support groups and NGOs.
In this final section of the article, we are going to discuss some of the obvious benefits of using custom made pins-
- Firstly, custom made lapel pins can play a major role in allowing businesses to establish their own distinct identity. Even when you belong to the same business niche, you can use pins to help stand distinctly apart from your competitors.
- Secondly, it is a great way of showing support without speaking too much on the subject. Recently, there have been many controversial occurrences in the world. Celebrities have used pins to support nations and even against racial discrimination.
- Thirdly, one of the biggest benefits of custom-made pins is that they are highly customizable. In other words, you can go berserk as far as the designs, materials, and communication are This gives you the freedom to play around a lot.
- Fourthly, lapel pins are accepted as a well-established part of popular fashion. In other words, wearing one will never translate into you being ridiculed. On the other hand, using custom made pins is definitely going to make you look cool.
- Lastly, lapel pins act as a great giveaway for businesses. This is a cheap and effective way of pushing your brand’s marketing by giving people something they can showcase in front of hundreds, if not thousands every single day.
The Bottom Line
Whether you are a hotshot Investment Banker on Wall Street or a Music Producer churning out million-dollar hits from your LA studio, custom made pins can help both of you in different ways.
In this article, we have covered some of the most important things that you should be knowing about custom made pins. If you would like to add to the information in any way, please let us know in the comments section below.